Thursday, June 21, 2012

A Wonderful Thursday

Relaxing to the sound of the lawn crew,
resting her head on my backpack.
A little lost? Read our last chapter: Will it Storm today?

8:40AM - Well Leia just met the lawn crew (from inside the house). She got a little growly (mainly cause she was concerned about what this new sound was). The first time they came around and she got upset and gave a little growl and I basically told her "eh eh" knock it off  and the second time they came around she looked  at the glass door (I don't think she could actually see the crew but she could hear where they were coming from) but didn't make a sound. I thought it was a good start.

She also did well when we went for our morning walk. I am thinking about testing out the Furminator on her today as she is starting to shed a bit (not a ton, but just enough that I'd like to slow it down)

12:15PM - Just Furminated Leia. We went outside into the hallway and I used a carabiner keychain to secure her to the railing. She was very good and sat and lay down so I could get her fur. We didn't have a huge amount come off but I am glad that the 6 clumps came off our there and not in here! She seemed to enjoy the quality time. I think this may have to be added to the "products we love" page.
As you can see, Leia was unphased by her at-home Furmination
Kisses!
While the Furminator was a bit expensive, consider how much PetsMart charges per Furminator Grooming session. Doing it yourself at home pays off very quickly and can help you bond with your pup. 






11:00PM - Leia just discovered her bone and how great it could be. I first encouraged her to play with it on the floor after petting her for a while and she kinda mouthed it a little, then she caught on and began a chewing frenzy.  In fact, while I was uploading the pictures she went back to her bone and bounced around, pouncing on it. I wish I had caught it on camera. It was the first time she has tried to play.  It was adorable to watch. I can tell she wants to come all the way out of her shell and I am fine if she does. Seeing her bounce for just a few moments was adorable.

Read our next chapter together! - Cesar's Way Starts Today

No comments:

Post a Comment