Monday, June 25, 2012

Mundane Monday


A little lost? Read our last chapter: Sunday Snake!

Well, nothing too big happened today. We did our normal morning walk and were promptly DRENCHED on the way home. I dried off Leia and then had to change clothes. We left when the rain lifted for a bit but 15 minutes in the heavens opened up and we got a decent shower. I am pretty sure the people driving by thought we (well, probably me) were crazy for walking in the rain. I mean, it was pretty much raining sideways, but Leia looked up at me with a smile and I just kept on smiling back. Heck with the rain, we have a walking date to keep!

Most of the day was uneventful. On a second walk (the one intended to wear her out before I had to go to class) we met up with another dog and she actually acted pretty dominant, but then again the little dog we met (which looked like a black pit bull to me) dropped to his stomach and promptly wet himself... I really felt bad for this dog... It wasn't until we walked on that I noticed he had hair loss (hopefully not contagious) and a few scars... I can't help but wonder what his story is... was he always this shy or was he beaten? Was cowering and submissive peeing his only way of protecting himself? Was he a fight dog? I feel  really bad for this little dog... and his owner didn't even clean up after him (even though that's a $50 charge in our apartments... ) If you have a space in your prayers tonight, send one out to little black dog. I hope his life gets better...

On our walk we also met another sweet dog lover. He knelt down and let Leia sniff before petting her. We talked about her story and he loved on her. One of the great things about having a dog is you get to meet a lot more of the neighbors for two reasons: 1. Most people like dogs and those that don't ask you to keep your dog away from them. 2. You are out an about more (I've already lost a little weight from all of our walks!).

Tonight I did Leia's normal routine and she got her Kong before I left. She did cry a few times while I was gone (I skyped in about 4 time while I was out, in 2 of them she was crying) but not too loudly from what I could tell. She seems to know I go out and come back, she doesn't panic the entire time, but it seems more like she is just mourning my leaving. It is no longer her standing and crying but more of her just laying there and pouting. When I came home she was finishing up her Kong and I was greeted by the thump thump of her tail. I did my normal calm welcome home and let her out a bit after I'd been home a bit.
"Free!"

Tomorrow will be an adventure: Leia's first vet appointment!   I am hoping we will get a vet who is willing to take a little time with her and let her get settled. I'll take cookies so she can get rewards. We'll be getting our preventatives and a basic check up to make sure she is good and healthy. I don't think we need any shots (except maybe a dog flu follow-up/booster) but we'll see. Hope all will go well and she wont be too nervous.

Adorable Bedtime update: I was calling Leia over to get in her crate for bed time and I realized why she wasn't coming over. She was stuck under the coffee table. While she was resting she'd scooted around and got herself wedged under the table and looked at me like "Maaaa! The table's got me..." I encouraged her to crawl and she figured it out. I gave her cuddles in repayment for laughing at her adorable expense. Poor baby girl. Wish I'd caught that on camera!







Additional Video: Leia Being Cute

 

 Read our next chapter together! First Vet Visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment