Friday, June 29, 2012

Food and Fun


A little lost? Read our last chapter: Facing her Fears

 Well, same ole same ole today. We went for our morning walk and came back in for breakfast. Leia wasn't too interested in eating so I gave her a piece of kibble. She spit it out. Gave it back to her; she spit it out again. The third time she acted like I'd given her a completely different kind of food and woofed it down. I tried to figure it out and then it hit me. It was wet. I put two handfuls of water over her kibble, and set it down in front of her. Now, understand for the past week she has been leaving about a 4th of her food in the bowl and just not eating with much oomph. Today she cleaned the bowl. I put water on her dinner too and yet again, the bowl was shining. Ha!  I've figured it out and now I'll be sure she's eating enough.

We went out for a walk in the evening and discovered there was a wedding taking place at the pool. We watched for just a minute and then went back to the tennis court for a run around. Leia burned some energy and did well with coming back to me. I didn't even have treats this time but apparently love was enough.

After dinner Leia was playing with Mr Penguin and shaking him around when suddenly she lost her grip and he went flying across the room and on top of her crate. She immediately looked at me as if to say "oops, how the heck did that happen!?" I retrieved it for her but it was cute, she was both dumbfounded and worried she was somehow in trouble. Nah, nothing broke hun, you're good!


Read our next chapter together! Just another Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment