Monday, July 2, 2012

All Choked up


A little lost? Read our last chapter: Just another Saturday  



First sight of the boats
The biggest boat
Well, we had a good easy morning with a walk, breakfast, and ear drops. On our walk we saw some men sailing their toy sail boats. Leia is passed out on the floor and I am going through the cabinets to see what food we have left (man do I need to go grocery shopping!).

What's new today is.... I entered Leia in one of Cesar Millan's contests to see if she could win for happiest eyes. I am trying to keep my expectations real because lets be honest, on Cesar's site you know, you know there will be a ton on entries. The way it will work is that for each of the 4 categories the Cesar staff will go through and pick out the top 10 contestants for each category and then will let the public (via Facebook) decide. So I figured what do we have to lose? Might as well give it a shot, especially considering the pizes.

The Prize is a basket with 6-8 month supply of Vetericyn products: Vetericyn Wound & Infection Liquid
Spray (2 different sizes), Vetericyn Wound & Infection Hydrogel Spray (2 different sizes), Vetericyn Canine Hot Spot Spray (2 different sizes), Vetericyn Canine Eye Wash, and Vetericyn Canine Ear Rinse. (a prize package worth $200.)  Right now we don't have any of these issues (minus the ears!) but hey, maybe we will need it or maybe our rescue will need it.  Any how I will keep the  blog and our facebook updated and if she is in the 10 I'll let ya know! If she is chosen, voting start on the 14th and goes to the 27th of July.

Today we were playing on the tennis court working on recall and burning a little energy and had a bit of an "oops" moment. I'd just given Leia a cookie for coming when called and then tossed Mr. Penguin.  Leia went to run after Mr. Penguin and took a deep breath, of cookie... and she choked on it. I ran over as she was coughing and made sure she was ok. Luckily she was able to cough it up. Poor baby. After that she was not too hip on playing fetch with Mr. Penguin today.  We did a little recall practice and then went for a walk around the lake.

Leia has kinda been acting up a bit today. She is whining for no reason  and pacing a bit. Not sure if she can hear something I can't or if she was just bored and upset about it. She seems to go fitful and then crash for a bit so maybe she is just fighting a nap.

I've noticed she chews at her nails a little and licks them. Could just be a habit but as always, I'm watching it. She's a good girl and I just want her to be healthy and happy.





Read our next chapter together! Life Unleashed

No comments:

Post a Comment