Saturday, July 21, 2012

+1 Equals More Fun!

A little lost? Read our last chapter:  2AM Summer Santa - Daddy's Home

Well a bit as expected, Leia has fallen back into so "bad habits" while adjusting to adding Daddy into the mix. At night she is just not ready for the party to be over and whines a little bit.

Today we tried a new path for out walk  (right instead of left) and Leia seemed to enjoy it. Of course, because it was a new path  she pulled a little at times (which is relative, because by pulled I mean tried to walk ahead of me, not dragged me like a dog sled.). At one point (I wish I'd had my camera) we came along a little wooded wall which lined the side of a grassy hill. Right as the wall reached about 3 ft tall, Leia leaped up in one good bounce to my dismay. She then walked the hill the entire length of the wall because frankly, I was worried she'd hurt herself if she jumped down. She loved it, running up above me, but when we could I had her hop down safely.
Leia: "If only all dogs could be so lucky"

I need to get a video of Leia with her new toys. I let Leia have a tennis ball in the house. She has been running around the house chasing after it and half crashing into things (like the bed, the kitchen table, and the wall). Got a video of her once she was half worn out playing with it but she is like a cat with a ball of yarn at full energy and will run through the house dribbling the tennis ball.

   We are still working on commands. She is learning "All done" as a command to let her know we're done petting. She loves loves loves her new doggy bed and her Daddy who gives her lots of love

 Today she did a bit better on the walk. We all went out to the mail together and she was more obedient this time. Later tonight we'll be going back out to the court to run around again (it was up to 95 today so we wanted to keep her off the pavement til after dark. We walked this morning when it was bellow 80).

"Make sure you get my awesome
tennis ball in the shot!"
I moved Leia's bed from the bedroom to a space in front of the  porch and between Tom and I. She's been having a good time playing with her new favorite free toy, her tennis ball (probably because it "plays back" and "runs away" when she drops it.).

 This girl is way too photogenic for my very basic camera skills but she always seems to notice when I am taking picture and will throw some poses.



 Today she was rolling around on her bed and forgot how much space she has on that bed. She rolled off her bed, on to her back and was wedged against the glass door, stuck like a turtle. With a little help from Daddy she was back on her pillow in no time.

She is settling into her new routine with both Daddy and I being a constant part of her life. She is less worries about where we go and might check in on someone who "stays" to another room but isn't deeply concerned about it, just curious. She did however, notify us that our garage door was open by standing by the wooden door and looking from it to us over and over until Tom noticed the light under the door. He asked me if I left a light on, which i couldn't remember doing, and so we checked and found the shutter open. Thanks girl!

She also found a beetle who she wanted to play with, but Mommy collected in a paper towel and tucked into the trash can. Her little fwend will not be visiting again, sorry baby.

All in all it has been a great week. I appoligize for not writing more but it is also Finals week for me. We also had some up's and down as the rescue pup we've been following (one of my transports) now has pneumonia and is fighting for his life, again, after/while having Parvo and my Dad was in the hospital for night and day.  Luckily Dad is fine and the pup, Bart, hasn't given up yet!

Leia continues to cope and adapt and love her new home. I couldn't be more thrilled with how she is adapting to having both of us home with her.





Read our next chapter together!Doggy Daddy Boot-camp

No comments:

Post a Comment