Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Summer Snow and Boo-Boos

Picture from our walk.
This is an actual sign from our complex. Haha!
Well Leia is ABSOLUTELY shedding up a storm. I've brushed her a good 5 times in the past 2 days and have filled the small trash can both times. The house is absolutely covered in fur (oops!). Guess it is time to use the house cleaning groupon. It's like a snow storm in here.

This morning we went for a walk around the lake, met one of the maintenance men, and then went to the tennis court. Something told me I shouldn't go to the court but I figured I was just over reacting. Leia happily walked in, sat down, was released form her leash, and went to play with her new favorite toy, a palm clipping (light weight hallow stick).

I picked it up and threw it clear over the net. Leia went bounding off and took the tight turn at the corner of the net.  She skidded to the side and lifted her left leg, limping. I ran over to her and checked her paw, which was green from the court.  She limped for about 5 steps and then put her paw back down. You could tell she was uncomfortable but not yelping or crying. I'm not sure whether the court just stung her paw or if her left hip almost went out (it was in place when I got to her) but she scared the heck out of me. She also was not interested at all in continuing to play.

She left her little stick, her favorite new stick, laying on the court unattended, and slowly walked back to the gate with me. She can sit down and walk normally, but I'll be rubbing her leg down a few times today and cleaning her paw to make sure she's ok. I feel horrible for her cause I know how bad that can hurt. We'll take it easy today but keep her moving so she isn't in pain or getting too stiff.





____________________More Pictures from our day____________________



























































No comments:

Post a Comment