Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Leia's First Friends!

Leia has made her first friends (Dog and Human!) Today we bumped in to a man and his Yorkie as we were returning from getting the mail and they were going to get it. I asked if he wanted to meet and he said sure. He asked her name and I said "Leia." He laughed and smiled "and this is Obi wan!" We died laughing as the pups sniffed.

Leia did growl at him once but quieted down and got to sniffing. Little Obi was very bouncy and happy. We found out he is about to go into training to be a therapy dog for children and veterans with PTSD. His owner, Pierce, is a nerd just like us and is going to the Star Wars con that Tom and I desperately wanted to go to (Jealous). Both Leia and Obi didn't seem to want to leave but eventually let Pierce and I go about our chores. I thanked Pierce for letting her socialize with Obi and he jokingly said the quote from the movies "help me Obi Wan Kenobi, your my only hope." Little Obi may be the hope for Leia and socializing, So far he is the first dog that she has been interested in socializing with and she really liked his owner too.

Thank you Obi and Pierce for being our first friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment