Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Leia gets Baptized

Well, today was the day. It started with me cooking a hotdog. Confused yet? Leia sat in the living room, inhaling the sweet smell of hotdog cooking on the stove. As the hotdog was cooking I started a bath and then returned to cooking. I chopped up the hotdog, put it in a small bowl, and walked into the bathroom with a slip lead and Leia trailing behind me. I pushed the door to, took off her collar, put on the slip lead, and then picked her up and plopped her in the bath. She just stood there, accepting her fate... Bath time!

It took a good 15 minutes to get her soaked, soaped up, and scrubbed down. Then (using a large movie theater soda cup) I rinsed her off again. She stood, clearly not comfortable and let me bathe her on the condition I kept the tiny bits of hotdog coming.

Then I lifted her out, and began drying her off. We went through two towels and 3 shakes in the bathroom, and a third towel out in the living room (with more shakes and bouncing around the apartment). We sat down for way over half an hour and brushed and dried, brushed and dried, then furminated, brushed and dried. Remember the picture of the fur filled trashcan from yesterday? Yea, same amount today!

She looks great and smells good too. She is currently sitting on her bed, resting but just  a moment ago something set her off and she lay there, giving a low gravely growl. Not aggressive, just talking I think. Maybe she could hear something I couldn't. Tom was equally puzzled.

All in all she handled it very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment