Saturday, June 29, 2013

Could she be..... (guessing the breed)

So, I did some research the other day, and saw a picture of a dog which reminded me far to much of a little furry girl I know. So, I pulled up a few links about the breed. I started off with the basic article on Akitas: Akita (Wiki).

Some of the temperament notes sounded familiar as well as the whole "fastidious and somewhat feline in their grooming nature" thing.

Then I saw a dog on the Wiki which looked VERY familiar. It was called a Japanese Akita, so again, the research began, and I found the Japanese Akita Club of America.

I read about the Japanese Akita Breed Standards and then read about the differences between Japanese and American Akitas:  Akita (Japanese vs American)   Comparing the American & Japanese Akitas.




Top 3, Japanese Akitas. Bottom Left, Japanese Akita. Bottom middle is a golden retriever Japanese Akita mix.
Finally, Bottom right is a cream colored golden retriever.

 Finally I double checked the breeds who are known for having a spotted tongue, and what did I find? That both Golden Retrievers and Akitas are known to have spotted tongues: Dogs with spotted or blue tongues.



And here is the final Analysis.
Left: Japanese Akita, Middle: Leia, and Right: Golden Retriever.


No comments:

Post a Comment