Monday, September 24, 2012

List of Friends grows to 2!

Leia has made her second friend. Yesterday she met a little black lab mix named Chief for the second time. She saw him from across the street and got excited. They practically ran to each other, then sniffed each other one more time. Followed by lots of bouncing in circles.

Today they met up at the tennis court and (gulp!) I took the step to drop the leash. Leia ran around with him, chased the ball with him (and didn't get possessive!) and played with both Chief's Dad and I (and stupid me I still haven't learned his name but I am pretty sure it starts with and A). Leia still gets growly if sniffed in the rear (like the hip back) but didn't nip or lunge to nip. This is a huge first step for me as I have never quite trusted her not to bite (even though she never has) but today I did and she didn't let me down nor did she barrel over this little puppy (who can't be more than 20 lbs yet).

Super happy for my girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment